Specifically designed for Rainscreen cladding applications, Celotex RS5000 meets the performance criteria in BR 135 and therefore is suitable for buildings above 18m
U-value CalculatorStart your U-value calculation >
Update - IMPORTANT: On 23 June 2017, in view of the focus on components of rainscreen cladding systems, Celotex stopped the supply of Celotex RS5000, pending further clarity. RS5000 remains suspended. Celotex do not currently supply a solution for buildings over 18 metres.
In December 2017 we identified a compliance issue relating to our calculation and testing of the lambda value of products in our 4000 and 5000 range and the Crown-Bond and Crown-Fix products within Crown Flat Roofing range. Material such as product downloads & specifications is for information only.
On 30 January 2018, Celotex made a further public announcement in relation to the full system testing of RS5000 pursuant to BS8414:2. The announcement can be read here
Please use the link below to read our full statement regarding declared lambda:
Please use the link below to read our latest statements and information on RS5000 and rainscreen cladding applications:
Suitable for use in warm steel frame constructions for ventilated facade applications, Celotex RS5000 can be used in buildings above 18 metres in height – a first for PIR insulation.>
With low emissivity textured aluminium foil facings, Celotex RS5000 comprises rigid polyisocyanurate foam core (PIR) using a blowing agent that has low global warming potential (GWP) and zero ozone depletion potential (ODP).
- Board size: 1200 x 2400mm
- Thickness : (Currently Suspended) 50-150mm
- Lambda: 0.021 W/mK
- Facer: Super low emissivity textured aluminium foil facings
Celotex RS5000 is a premium performance PIR insulation board that:
- Has been tested to BS 8414-2:2005, meets the requirements in BR 135 and the first PIR insulation suitable for rainscreen cladding applications above 18 metres in height
- Features Class O fire performance
- Has a super low lambda value of 0.021 W/mK
- Achieves an 'A+' rating when compared to the BRE Green Guide
- Designed to enhance the thermal performance of insulated façade systems
- Can be used as sheathing to warm steel frame constructions or fixed directly to masonry for overcladding applications.