Celotex, the home of high performance PIR insulation, places the upmost importance on the issue of sustainable development.
U-value CalculatorStart your U-value calculation >
Operating within the construction industry and as a leading investor within the insulation sector, Celotex PIR insulation remains at the forefront of energy efficiency and sustainable construction.
Did you know?
- Energy used in homes is responsible for over 25% of the UK's CO2 emissions
- Changes to 2010 UK Building Regulations require a 25% - 30% reduction in CO2 emissions
- The number of fuel poor households doubled to 4.5 million between 2002 and 2008. A household is deemed fuel poor if it spends more than 10% of its income keeping warm
- 45% of heat is lost through uninsulated solid walls. Installing solid wall insulation nationwide could save up to 14m tonnes of CO2. That's the equivalent emissions of 3.5 million cars!
- 2.3 million solid wall installations are required by 2022 to meet current climate change targets
- High performance thermal insulation continues to be one of the most cost effective measures for improving thermal efficiency and tackling climate change
Be it for new buildings or the refurbishment of existing stock, Celotex insulation provides some of the best solutions to assist with the reduction in carbon emissions and is committed to helping the industry achieve its reduction targets as well as reducing fuel poverty.
Celotex insulation offers low carbon sustainable solutions including:
- An approved BRE Environmental Profile delivering an environmental impact 15% better than that of typical PIR
- The first PIR manufacturer to achieve an A+ BRE Green Guide Rating
- Thermal performance as low as 0.021 W/mK with Celotex FR5000 and CG5000, providing premium thermal efficiency for low U-values and maximising energy savings
- Products that save over 100 times more energy than that used for manufacture
- Credits within the relevant categories of programmes such as the Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM
- Certification to the Environmental Management System ISO 14001 highlighting further our commitment to the principles of sustainability
- Third party approvals from leading industry organisations including BBA, BRE, ISO and Ofgem
- Product thicknesses from 12mm to 200mm offering the broadest range of solutions suitable for new build and refurbishment projects
- Low GWP and zero ODP ratings across all products
|Download Sustainability Guide|