(BRE Environmental Assessment Method) is the leading and most widely used environmental assessment method for buildings.
U-value CalculatorStart your U-value calculation >
BREEAM sets the standard for best practice in sustainable design and has become the de facto measure used to describe a building's environmental performance.
BREEAM provides clients, developers, designers and others with:
- Market recognition for low environmental impact buildings
- Assurance that best environmental practice is incorporated into a building
- Inspiration to find innovative solutions that minimise the environmental impact
- A benchmark that is higher than regulation
- A tool to help reduce running costs, improve working and living environments
A standard that demonstrates progress towards corporate and organisational environmental objectives BREEAM addresses wide-ranging environmental and sustainability issues and enables developers and designers to prove the environmental credentials of their buildings to planners and clients.
- Uses a straightforward scoring system that is transparent, easy to understand and supported by evidence-based research
- Has a positive influence on the design, construction and management of buildings
- Sets and maintains a robust technical standard with rigorous quality assurance and certification