Join the UK's brand and market leader for PIR insulation.
U-value CalculatorStart your U-value calculation >
We are recruiting now for our brand new plant in Eggborough, North Yorkshire. If you have a passion for delivering your best work every day, making a difference and working collaboratively with your colleagues, we want to hear from you. See full list of vacancies below.
Our vision is to enhance our habitat and everyday life. This means making the spaces where we live, work, learn and play more comfortable, efficient and healthy. We are using our 350 year history to create tomorrow’s world. We care about our local communities and protecting the environments in which we live. Are you in?
Our people are knowledgeable, approachable and passionate about what we do. We listen to our customers and collaborate together finding new, innovative solutions to meet their challenges.
We foster the wellbeing and development of all our employees. We want you to reach your full potential, take control of your development. We provide the tools, opportunities and experiences to help make that happen.
In return you will receive the following benefits:
• 25 days holiday
• Christmas shut down (annual leave automatically deducted)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Saint Gobain Share schemes
• Reward Gateway site – save money and earn cashback on hundreds of retailers
• Online Learning Portal for work and non-related courses
• Performance Reviews
• Personal Development Plans
• AXA PPP Health Gateway
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Discounts at other Saint Gobain Business for example Jewsons, Grahams
• Complimentary and discounted insulation boards
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free car parking
Gender pay reporting legislation requires employers with 250 or more employees to publish data every year showing the pay gap between their male and female employees. Our gender pay gap information is included as part of our parent company’s full Gender Pay Gap Report which can be viewed here
Should you have any queries please feel free to contact our HR Department on firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy 1: Quality Control Engineer
Salary: Starting from £-
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? – Our key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Quality Control Engineer opportunity.
How will you utilise your expertise?
This role is working with Celotex who are the UK brand leader in PIR thermal insulation solutions for the building and construction sectors. Celotex strives, through our investment in product innovation, to continually improve the performance of our product ranges and remain at the forefront of industry progress. Supported by certifications and approvals from leading third party organisations, our products continue to provide the best option for Building Regulations and other carbon reduction programmes. In this role you will be responsible for the completion and implementation of Quality Control projects and improvements in relation to manufactured products and raw materials.
Main duties include:
• To assist and undertake quality control testing of products manufactured in the plant and report on any products not complying with Company’s internal specifications during holiday periods.
• To monitor and measure Supplier non-conformances undertake projects to improve the quality of materials and services expected and promised.
• To undertake projects relating to Customer complaint using WCM practices and processes for the RCA and preventative implementation plans.
• To assist in the collection and input of data for analysis as part of continuous process improvements on the production lines. Work with the operations team in delivering Quality led improvement projects using WCM tools and techniques.
• To assist in the Quality Control audits of product being shipped to customers.
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
• To have completed a recognised Chemical, Mechanical or Engineering qualification to HNC/HND Level or NVQ Level 3 or 4.
• Previous Quality Control and lean manufacturing including process improvement techniques in a continuous manufacturing environment is essential.
• Previous proven experience of production & manufacturing equipment and ancillaries including an awareness of TPM and Preventative Maintenance Systems.
• IT Literate with a minimum of 3 years’ experience and / or a recognised qualification.
• To be prepared to undertake further training as required.
To apply please email email@example.com